What is the meaning of the Verified badge on Instagram? Why do I need to get it? How do I get verified on Instagram ?” If you are wondering, this blog post will provide you with all the answers.
This is a question asked by many people who want to be able to verify their account and make sure that they can keep up with everything happening in their feed.
The verification badge on Instagram means that the account is accepted and approved by the social network. It looks like a little blue checkmark.
To get verified, you need to apply for this permission in your profile settings. This option appears after you’ve updated it to version 7.12 in AppStore or Google Play Store.
Please note that when you apply for verification, your account is still unverified and it can be turned down.
Steps to get verified on Instagram:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click on the small arrow in the top right corner
- Press “Settings” and open tab “Contact”
- Now you can see a form, which is empty by default:
- Write a letter explaining why you want this and what it will bring to the community and press “Send”
- Wait for an answer and follow the official Instagram account
- Add a location to your photo or video
- Click on three dots in the top right corner
- Click on “Add hashtag” and add #Verifiedlife_networks with the following text: “My account @username (#Verifiedlife_net networks) is verified by @instagram”
- Add hashtags #instagood , #igers, #fashion, #beauty, etc. with high activity
- You can also use location related hashtags
- Write your story and post your photo or video(s)
- If you are lucky, you will get your blue checkmark before 48 hours
- You can also ask friends to send a request for verification on your behalf in the “Contact” tab
- If the account has high activity it’s more likely to be verified by Instagram employees
This method is confirmed work! Please try 🙂 #verified #verifyme #verificationrequest – people say that they got verified this way.
Instagram announced the launch of the tool “Request to verify your account” on May 29, 2017, and it appeared in South Korea, Canada, Australia, and Japan. The company plans to make it available worldwide because verification is equally relevant for any user who wants to ensure the authenticity of his data.
Before this, Instagram had a closed system – verification requests could be submitted only by celebrities, bloggers, and other users with many followers. According to the company, now everyone can apply for verification regardless of social status or number of subscribers.
The main requirements for candidates are:
- Account should be active for at least 6 months
- Account must have a profile photo and information about the user
- Have an authentic name (this requirement was there before too)
- Have no violations of the platform rules
- It is forbidden to apply more than once in 12 months for this status
- The account should be open to the public;
- Candidate must be at least 13 years old;
- The application can be submitted via the website www.Instagram/verified or using the Instagram application.
If your profile fulfills all these criteria, go to your personal account and write a message in which you describe why it is necessary for you to get verified, specify your location and attach a photo of yourself.
Instagram has not yet expanded the list of situations when you can get verified: it is only available for users who prove their identity to authorities and social networks. For example, verification can be required in case of suspicion about impersonation or unauthorized use of personal data. Instagram employees may contact the user to confirm the information given in his application.
If there are no problems, then within a few days you should see the blue checkmark next to your name. By itself, it does not have any meaning – Instagram will still be open for everyone without verification. Verification is only an indication that someone has contacted you and made sure that you are you.
The head of the company Adam Mosseri has repeatedly spoken about how verification on Instagram will be implemented: “We want everyone to have access to this feature, but we need to weigh all the requests and make sure that it is really worth doing for everyone on Instagram.”
Now, when the system is launched, users report that even white-collared workers sometimes have problems with verification. Instagram employees receive thousands of applications daily, it is difficult to check each of them manually regardless of the number of employees in the company.
This means that there are still errors in identification and some profiles remain unverified even when fulfilling all stated conditions;
others need to wait for a month or more for the requested checkmark.
In most cases, verification is carried out on a priority basis and users with many subscribers and high activity on Instagram get verified faster;
if your profile has less than 1000 followers, be prepared for a long wait.
One of the reasons why some profiles remain unverified may be that they do not comply with the rules of verification. According to these rules, you can’t apply for verification if you have violated community standards or other legal acts within the last 6 months before making your request;
obviously, this also includes any type of fraud and deception. It is prohibited to use third-party applications that change your location, telephone number, or other information about you.
Even if your account has not been verified, Instagram will be available for you too. At the same time, there is a risk that it may be blocked by mistake due to false identification of the user or violation of terms and conditions. As we mentioned before, verification helps not only to protect personal data but also aids in restoring the account in case it is blocked.
Conclusion: at the moment, Instagram verification can be considered an additional security option for their users which will help to identify the real profile and catch fake ones.
We hope that soon all other requirements will be announced. Stay tuned!
Thank you very much for your attention! And if you find our article helpful, don’t forget to add our website to your bookmarks and share it with your friends!